OMG IT’S PITCH WARS. IT’S PIMPMYBIO. GATHER ROUND! Pull up a pew, grab some cake, settle in.
I’m so excited to be entering Pitch Wars again this year. It’ll be my 3rd time (third time lucky?) and with a new MS!
This time it’s YA fantasy of the epic kind. Fantasy has always been a great love of mine, and I started this story after I subbed to PW last year. I needed a distraction and this was the perfect fit to be taken away from science fiction.
It’s an absolute pleasure to introduce
A CAPTURED PRINCE. A GIRL OUT FOR REVENGE. A BARGEMAN WITH A SECRET.
SWORDS. MAGIC. ROMANCE. KICKASS WOMEN.
A HORSE CALLED ‘MOTHER’.
All wrapped up in an epic YA fantasy.
um… did I mention kickass women?
… I think I’m addicted to women weilding swords, NGL.
WHAT IS IT?!
When Prince Anzel’s magic is needed to avoid war, he risks losing his throne – and his life – to save another’s.
Prince Anzel, his ‘kidnapper’ Shanna and Drew, his steward, join their magic to remove a tyrant threatening war across their kingdoms and beyond – but it’s not the war-mongerer they should be worried about.
A bigger threat threads through the lands, taking over piece by piece, and it knows exactly what sort of powerful legacy the teens carry. It will stop at nothing to claim them for itself and re-take a throne where magic once reigned.
Following 3 POV’s it’s GRISHA meets ACOWAR & TEARLING.
Far off places
Daring sword fights
A prince in disguise!
Basically – Belle’s favourite book
17, Dria, Prince
– In love with his aide, Matei, which his mother highly disapproves of.
– Has the ability to foresee individuals’ future when he’s asleep, he calls these episodes ‘inklings’.
– Total diplomat, Prince of the People, treats nature fairly. Has a knack with animals.
– Looks like a cinnamon roll. Actual cinnamon roll.
HOGWARTS HOUSE: A very sneaky Gryffindor
17, Zamar, Dancer
– Struck a deal with a troupe to ‘borrow’ Anzel, so he could tell Councillors the fate of her people. In return they’d help her get rid of the tyrant ruling Zamar.
– Suffers from Endometriosis.
– Has the ability to control others, though she uses it sparingly or not at all.
– Grew up far too fast but has a sweet / sarcastic sense of humour and is fierce in love.
– Looks like she could kill you. Could actually kill you.
HOGWARTS HOUSE: Complete Slytherin
18, Gull, Bargeman & Steward
– Running from his past in Gull, he owes a huge debt to ferryman and former keeper Gropsinger, who wants his head.
– Sought asylum in Dria, honoured for inside information and saving Drian lives by being appointed a steward to Anzel.
– Brave in the face of adversity, loyal to an absolute fault and quick thinking.
– Looks like he could kill you. Actual cinnamon roll.
HOGWARTS HOUSE: Hufflepuff (though some CP’s swear Gryffindor, so Huffledor)
13, Aguasi, does odd-jobs at her aunt’s place
– Lives with her aunt, who runs a safe haven in a neutral territory for people with magic
– Street-savvy and incredibly observant – probably the smartest of the lot.
– Mostly on this trip for shits n giggles
– Older than her years yet still idealistic, and loves to ride fast
– Looks like a cinnamon roll. Could actually kill you.
HOGWARTS HOUSE: Gryffindor
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SLYTHERIN – INFP – SHE/HER
I quote LOTR a lot – Bake cakes – Proud Cat Mum – Shipper of Many Ships
Oh yeah, me.
I’m Jade. I’m 29, living in the middle of England. I’m a tarot reader, a witchy pagan, and I volunteer writing a newsletter & publicity for the Cats’ Protection charity. I’m also an academic note taker for students with disabilities at a local University.
Last year I was an unofficial mentee with my YA sci fi. This is my third completed MS, I have another two (YA fantasy) I’m finishing off hopefully within the next year, and while my previous Sci FI YA had a few full and partial requests from agents through the months, I’m still waiting for ‘the one’.
I believe (from CP feedback) I’m best at dialogue, characterization, action scenes and – to my surprise – romance.
My lists! In no particular order….
FAVOURITE AUTHORS / CREATORS
Neil Gaiman – Leigh Bardugo – Jane Austen – Susan Dennard – V.E Schwab – Peter Jackson – Rainbow Rowell – Laini Taylor – Ashley Poston – Maggie Stiefvater – Emma Thompson – Joanna Lumley – Sarah J Maas – Becky Chambers – J.R.R Tolkien – J.J Abrams
Six of Crows – Sense & Sensibility – The Raven Cycle – Neverwhere – Vicious – ACOMAF – American Gods – Cracked – Geekerella – Order of the Phoenix – This Savage Song – Queen of the Tearling – Lord of the Rings – Brokeback Mountain – Fangirl – One Of Us Is Lying – A Gathering of Shadows
Lord of the Rings – Donnie Darko – Moulin Rouge! – Back To The Future – Wonder Woman – Some Like It Hot – Kingsman – Sense & Sensibility – Beauty & The Beast (original) – Rocky Horror Picture Show – Captain America: First Avenger – Life of Brian – Practical Magic – District 9 – Addams Family
Doctor Who – Supernatural – Prison Break – OINTB – Twelve Monkeys – Sherlock (1&2) – Jessica Jones – Dexter – The Blacklist – Firefly – Buffy TVS – Stranger Things – Person of Interest – The Killing (Danish version)
I’m dedicated, hard working, enthusiastic. Sure, I get crisis of confidence sometimes, I don’t know any writer who doesn’t, but I usually crash through it to the other side with optimism, ready to write more words or kill my darlings.
I welcome – no NEED – edits, comments, and suggestions. The only way you can make your baby shine is by listening.
THANKS FOR READING! Look at the other gorgeous #PIMPMYBIO posts at Lana Patinson’s hub HERE