Yay! I was nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award” by the lovely Micaela Eagle! I met Micaela during Pitch Wars in 2016, and we continue to regularly connect on Twitter about the writing trenches.
PitchWars was a fun time, with constant gif parties and endless support which seems to keep on going! So, according to the rules, I have to put 7 facts about me you wouldn’t know from my bio, and link to the referrer’s blog!
The Wonderful Micaela Eagle!
I am a Native Texan, currently living and teaching in the south portion of the Lone Star State. I lead a new generation of “Theatre Weirdos” and love every minute of it.
I have always been an avid reader and I come by it honestly – my mother and grandmother always had books in their hands when I was growing up. They are the ones responsible for getting my nose stuck between the pages of a good book for hours at a time. I feel blessed to say I have had the same influence on some of my nieces and nephews.
I have been writing stories since I was very young. I’ve always said someday I would write a book. And now I can say I have – I’ve written two actually. (Infected’s sequel is already in the editing process.)
The only person is who gets annoyed by my hours of writing and reading on end is my Miniature Schnauzer, Hanes. He has to remind his Momma that bathroom breaks and food are necessary…not just for him but for her too.
Read more on Micaela’s blog and website HERE
Seven Things About Me That Aren’t in my Bio
- It took me 10 years to write my first novel, an Urban Fantasy set in my home town (in my defense, I was travelling and at Uni for most of that)
- While I never used to have a fear of anything like it, I HATE Zombies. I can’t stand any programme or story that involves them. Nope.
- Despite this, I know precisely what I’d do in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
- I was essentially homeless for about 4 months in 2007 before we finally found a house to rent.
- I love swimming, but I have a fear of open water – go figure – and boats, because apparently (and I forgot this) I was knocked from a pedal boat into the lake in the park. My dad told me about it years later.
- My favourite pudding is hot chocolate fudge cake, preferably with gooey sauce, and ice cream. Hot and cold puddings are my weakness.
- My ideas book currently stands at 35 individual ideas and counting
The Rules for the Nominees
When you get his award, thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post!
Share 7 things about yourself that are not in your Bio.
Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15).
Include this set of rules.
Inform your nominees.
ALRIGHT! Nominees, who I will inform individually anywho – Angel @ Avid Reader, Kaelan Rhywiol, Faith Rivens, Alex Harrow, Tristen Van De Berg, Anna Mercier and Nicolette Elzie!